Cycle to Work
Cycle to Work is a government initiative which NHS Blood and Transplant are offering in conjunction with Cycle Solutions, a leading provider of Cycle to Work Schemes in the UK.
Cycle to Work is a salary sacrifice arrangement, which is an agreement between an employer and an employee where the employee gives up some of their contractual entitlement to salary in return for non-cash benefits. For more information about the impact of salary sacrifice see the Pay page
Applications should be made through the 'Mylifestyleportal'
Cycle to Work scheme Awareness Webinar March 2022
Benefits of the Scheme
- Reduced cost of new bike and/or safety equipment, up to a maximum of £2500 including
- Lights and dynamo packs
- Locks and chains
- Mirrors and mudguards
- Children's seats
- Reflective and high-visibility clothing and accessories
- Panniers, luggage containers, straps and bags
- Pumps, puncture repair kits and cycle tool kits
- Spreading the cost of a new bike and/or safety equipment over a twelve-month period
- Savings on Income Tax and National Insurance contributions
- Access to the largest range in the UK with access to over 140 brands of bike available
- Reduction in carbon footprint
- Increased levels of fitness
- Market leading End of Hire process, ensuring best savings.
Contact HR Direct
Contact Cycle Solutions:
Tel: 0330 100 2480
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Santander Cycles launch permanent 50% discount for NHS employees
Annual members will get unlimited 60-minute rides, double the length of the unlimited 30-minute rides currently
Cycle hire scheme’s offering is expanded, with 500 e-bikes* added from 12 September
This discount is only available for NHS employees and is non-transferable
* there is an e-bike surcharge of £1 per 60 minutes for annual members of Santander Cycles.
What is changing
As part of the introduction of e-bikes and a new tariff TfL is introducing a permanent 50% discount to NHS workers which replaces the free 24 hour membership promo code for NHS staff which was introduced to support healthcare workers during the Covid-19 pandemic.
The annual membership will now offer unlimited 60-minute rides, instead of the unlimited 30-minute rides currently offered.
The price of an annual membership will be £120, but reduced to £60 for NHS employees.
How to redeem discounted annual membership
NHS staff wanting discounted annual membership to email email@example.com from their NHS email address for validation.
Once your request has been validated you will receive an email with a unique new code and further information on how to redeem.
Enter the code before you purchase an annual membership from the 12 September and you will only pay £60 for an annual membership to Santander Cycles
For more information on how to hire a Cycle, how to download the app, extra ride charges, as well as much more information, please visit www.tfl.gov.uk/modes/cycling/santander-cycles